RainbowOne/RainbowStar License Agreement
Important Notice – Please read carefully: RainbowOne or RainbowStar Product (referred as "RO" below) License Agreement ("License Agreement") is an agreement between you (an individual or body corporate) and the RO from the Open Knowledge Association Ltd. ("Open Knowledge"). By installing, copying, downloading, accessing, or otherwise using the RO, you agree to be bounded by the terms of this License Agreement. You should comply with all terms set forth in this License Agreement in order to have the right to use RO. If you do not accept all the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, please do not install, access, or use the RO, and Open Knowledge will refund you the balance after deducting necessary administrative fee.
- RainbowOne or RainbowStar software developed by Open Knowledge.
- It includes all software code, system composition methods, and system processes.
- It includes all photos, pictures, animations, sound effects, music, and films pre-loaded in the public media library provided in the software ("RO Media").
- It includes the user accounts, websites, and user manual provided by Open Knowledge.
- It does not include content provided by third parties.
- The intellectual property rights of the RO is owned by Open Knowledge.
- The RO is protected by intellectual property laws and regulations. The RO is licensed, not sold.
- One RO user account can be used only by one individual, and cannot be shared with others.
- The RO Media can only be used within the RO. You shall not use, copy, modify, or republish the RO Media outside RO.
You are not authorized to:
- Sell, license, or distribute copy of the RO Media separately or collectively, or as part of any other product or service.
- Use or distribute any media containing an identifiable individual, government, logo, icon, abbreviation, trademark, or group for any commercial purpose, nor express sponsorship, either expressly or implicitly, any product, service, group, or activity, or claim any partnership therewith.
- Use the RO to create any work that is defined to be obscene or offensive under the Hong Kong laws in force. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Open Knowledge against all claims or lawsuits arising out of the use or distribution of any materials you created or modified and the media within RO. You are obligated to compensate Open Knowledge the losses and attorney fees raised from such lawsuits.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the RO.
- Use each RO component separately. The RO is licensed as a single product, unless otherwise explicitly permitted in this License Agreement.
- Use trademark or logo of Open Knowledge unless permitted by Open Knowledge.
- Lease the RO or provide services by RO commercially, whether temporarily or permanently, unless permitted by Open Knowledge.
- Open Knowledge may provide you with RO-related support services ("Support Services"). You shall use the Support Services in accordance with the user manual or the policies and plans specified in other information provided by Open Knowledge. The supplementary software code, provided to you as a part of the Support Services, shall be considered a part of the RO and to be bounded by the terms under this License Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Open Knowledge may use the technical information you provided to Open Knowledge as a part of the Support Services for the purposes of product support and development.
- Open Knowledge accepts no liability for incidental, consequential, and other specific damages. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Open Knowledge shall not be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages (including but not limited to the loss of profit, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy rights, inability to perform any duty, including the duty of good faith or duty of reasonable care, negligence, or any other monetary or other loss) arising out of the use or mis-use of the RO, provision, or non-provision of Support Services, any provision of this License Agreement, or any reason in connection with any of the foregoing, even if such damages are caused by Open Knowledge's fault, tort (including negligence), liability without fault, or breach of contract or warranty against defects, and even if Open Knowledge has advised the possibility of such damages.
- This License Agreement (including any addendum or amendment to this License Agreement which is included with the RO) constitutes the entire agreement between you and Open Knowledge with respect to the RO and the Support Services, and supersedes any prior or concurrent communications, proposals, or statements, whether oral or written, between the parties. In the event of any conflict between any support services policy or execution of Open Knowledge and this License Agreement, this License Agreement shall prevail.
Functions provided by third parties:
- The following functions in the RO are provided by third parties, and Open Knowledge does not make any warrant to the functions and the accuracy thereof. Open Knowledge will not be liable for any error or loss arising from the use of these functions.
- The content of the English dictionary and related explanations are from wiktionary (www.wiktionary.org) and are used in accordance with the "Creation Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported" (CC BY-SA 3.0). For the license for these data, please visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
- The font "Noto Black” and other fonts are from Google Inc., and are used in accordance with Open Font License. For the license of these fonts, please visit https://www.google.com/get/noto/updates.
- The font "Chinese Kai" is from the website “全字庫中文標準交換碼” of the National Development Council of Taiwan. For the license of this font, please visit http://www.cns11643.gov.tw.
- The font "Yuanti" is from Dejavu Font. For the license of this font, please visit http://dejavu-fonts.org
- The voice recognition feature in "Voice Tool" is provided by Google Inc.. For the use of the voice recognition feature, please visit https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text
- The "Text to Speech" and "Read Text" functions are provided by Microsoft. We do not guarantee the accuracy of its pronunciation. In the event of inaccuracy, it is advised to record the audio by yourself. For more information, please visit https://azure.microsoft.com/zh-tw/services/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/#features.
- The voice recognition feature in "Karaoke" is provided by Google. We do not guarantee the accuracy of its recognition. In the event of inaccuracy, it is advised to enter the audio node by yourself. For more information, please visit https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text.
Copyright of the media you created in or uploaded to the RO
- If the materials and media you create in or upload to the RO, including text, photos, pictures, voices, or videos, are copyrighted by you, they shall remain owned by you even if they are uploaded to the RO. Open Knowledge does not own the copyright of them.
- The RO only provides a platform to store the materials and media you created or uploaded. Open Knowledge is not responsible for the liability of them. You shall bear relevant legal responsibility for the copyright in the materials and media you created or uploaded in RO.
- Without your permission, Open Knowledge will not disclose to or share with any other person the materials and media you created or uploaded in RO.
Collection of Personal Data and User Information
When you visit this website and use the RO, we may collect two types of information from you:
Personal data – The personal data you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis or when you register the RO for purposes of using the RO. Such information may include but not be limited to your: name, email address, correspondence address, telephone number, country of residence, identity reference, credit card or bank account information, date of birth, and occupation.
Network information – When you use the RO, your internet service provider (ISP) makes a record of your visit. This shows your domain name, server address, IP address, operating system, browser type, and the pages you have visited. We may also obtain temporary information about your general Internet usage to help us improve the RO by using temporary storage on your devices. Information gathered may include the date and time of use, the pages viewed, and the time spent on the RO. The internet service provider only discloses to us aggregate information such as the number of visitors. We will only use these information for statistics purposes.
How we protect your personal data
Use of Your Personal Data
The personal information you provided to Open Knowledge will be treated as strictly confidential. Your personal data will be used for the purposes of platform development and emergency relief matters, and other purposes in line with the mission of Open Knowledge. Your personal data will be stored in secured internal system.
Statement on Use of Personal Data
To communicate closely with you and to keep you informed of Open Knowledge's latest activities, Open Knowledge and its service providers may use your contact information (including but not limited to name, telephone, email, and mailing address) for the purpose of communications, subscription related documents, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and collection of opinions. The personal data collected will be treated as strictly confidential. If you would not like to receive such information or data, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access and correction with respect to personal data. Request for personal data access and correction should be made to Open Knowledge in writing (address: Room 810, 8/F, Block A, Ming Pao Industrial Centre, 18 Ka Yip Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong).
Links to Other Websites
Last modified: 2022/4/13